The Pistol Ultra Run is hosted at Alcoa High School, only a couple of miles from Knoxville’s McGee-Tyson Airport. The 2020 event will be held Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22, with a pre-race mini expo on Friday afternoon, March 20. Full schedule can be found above in the Runners Manuals.
Need some good reasons to get off the couch and sign up? How about these!
- Run off those extra winter pounds
- Try out that fancy new running gear you got for Christmas and have been itching to use
- Go for an “easy” ultra before you attempt a big, hairy one on a remote trail
- Tackle a longer distance than you’ve done before
- Prove you have an ultra in you
- Run with friends
- Because you can!
So get your summertime bod in shape by running, walking, or crawling multiple loops of approximately 5.5 miles of the lighted, paved linear Alcoa-Maryville Greenway along Pistol Creek. Pick your distance! Options include the Pistol Creek half and full marathon (on Sunday) with an 8 hour time limit; or the full-bore Pistol Ultra 50K, 50 miler, 100K, and/or 100 miler with a 32 hour time limit. There is also a 2 or 3 person relay option for the 50K distance. Grab your friends and register now to join us at the 2020 Pistol Ultra party!
Why Do We Do This?
We are passionate about our Pistol family. We pour our heart and soul into making the Pistol the best possible experience for all who attend. Our vision includes:
- A first class venue in an easily accessible location
- A safe, well-supported event (aid stations approximately every three miles or less!)
- Options to try a crazy combination of distances
- A location with easy opportunities for runner support
- An event with great camaraderie among participants
- Great swag and really cool awards
- An experience that will make runners glad they came!
Leadership Team (2019)
The Pistol Ultra is made possible every year by a dedicated group of staff and volunteers. We are very thankful for the wonderful people that tirelessly serve our event and our runners!